Yes, boys. It's true. It's here. IT'S FOR REAL!!
I am here to provide a list of things that boys should do (meaning they don't do these things very often, probably why us girls think it's adorable when they do) when they are pursuing one of us lovely ladies. There is a lot more to making her fall for you than you think, and yes, it's the little things. The opened doors, the little touches, the tiny encouragements. Those are the things that matter. So here we go...
- Try playing the video games she likes, and let her correct you when she's watching you play them.
- Let her win the debates about which superhero is better, but remember to put up a fight. Although... it shouldn't be too big of a fight, you list your reasons, then listen to her list hers, and then admit defeat.
- Learn that defeat is inevitable. You will never prepare for a fight the way she does. We plan these things. Compare strategies with our girlfriends over coffee. It's what we do.
- Want to hold the friend's baby! A weird thing happens in a girl's brain when they see a single man with a small child. Hormones go crazy and we want to fall in love. Trust me, the willpower involved in fighting that urge is insane...
- Be willing to just hold her sometimes, not say anything, not go any further, just hold her. Girls are strange creatures. We are a lot more emotional and hormonal than boys, and sometimes we can't talk through what we're feeling, we just need to cry and maybe kick and scream a bit, but keep holding us, or else we might fall apart...
- Watch her favourite TV show with her, and talk about it like crazy with her. She'll adore you!
- Open the stupid door!
- Be willing to go the extra mile for her. Even, actually especially, when she doesn't ask you to. Bring her chocolate or her favourite flowers when you know she's having a rough day.
- Watch a TV show, read a book, or play a game that she likes because she likes it, not because she told you to play, read, or watch it.
- Talk to her, don't sit there all brooding and mopey. We hate it when you do that. We feel like it's our duty to carry your burden. Now, I'm not saying it is. Don't put all the weight on her. Don't put any weight on her. Just be willing to talk about your problems with her. Don't make them about her. Don't make her feel like she has to fix them, she has enough problems to fix on her own, just talk to her.
- Don't hint at things. You may think she likes it, but she doesn't. When we find out that you have a secret you've shared with everyone BUT us, you lose all brownie points.
- Call her "beautiful" not "sexy". Sexy is strictly an outward compliment and kinda implies a slightly slutty idea. Beautiful is compliment to her inner self as well and it implies a much healthier "glowing" look.
- Say it. Don't rely on her noticing things. Many geeky girls are not good at noticing things that guys think are obvious. We can be socially naive and easily blinded. So tell her how you feel about her. Then she doesn't have to try to figure things out in her head, where everything is connected and ten times more complicated than it has to be.
These are the not-so-secret ways to steal a geeky girl's heart. Don't worry, a lot of them apply to non-geeky girls too, so what you've learnt here will not be wasted on a normal girl. So go, find a valentine's date, and make me proud! Btw, I want invites to any weddings that may come as a result of my advice ;)